Saturday, August 18, 2007

View From A German Castle Window.



I was in one of the upper rooms of the Holstentor (“Holstein Gate”), the famous landmark of the ancient town of Lubeck, Germany. My eyes wandered casually over the various contraptions used to torture human being at a ‘less enlightened time’. In today’s more enlightened time, we no longer rely on such crudity. We used more sophisticated methods that are no less cruel or brutal.


Something caught my eyes and I fished out my camera hoping that it is up to the task with its 10X optical zoom. I need its full zooming power and a steady hand to capture the shot. Alas, the more I tried to keep my hands steady, the more they shook. So I made use of the board which was used to pull people apart to rest my camera. So far it had not been jinxed.


Below are the shots which amused me.


A girl tired out by all the walking took a rest.

Disregarding the people passing her by.

And was joined by a small child in red.

Is she just weary or sad?


In this modern world you never know when you are being observed, spied on, appreciated or captured even if it is in an ancient city several hundred years old.


No comments: