Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Sneak Preview of the Aeon Jusco Bukit Tinggi Shopping Center.


Residents of Klang are pretty excited about the opening of the Bukit Tinggi Jusco which incidentally is the largest in Malaysia and South East Asia. This is especially as the traffic to North Klang where all the existing shopping complexes are situated is getting worse with the beginning of the construction of an overhead bridge. The complex is slated to open on the 24 November.


I am one of the anxious one. No more beating the traffic to catch a movie in Bukit Raja. No more driving all the way to Mid-Valley or Damansara to while away my time in the bookstore. And there are now more choices to entertain friends. Except I worry what it will do the traffic where I stayed. Guess one cannot have best of both worlds.


So when a friend yesterday invited me to visit her shop which is still under renovation, I grabbed the chance to have a look at the complex before it opened for business. I sneaked in my camera to provide you with a sneak review.


We have to enter the complex from the back where the ground car parks are situated. Security is quite tight and you have to have a valid reason to enter (tenant or contractor). They entered through separate lines and you have to relinquish your driving license or IC (Identity Card) to get a pass. A hard hat is also required. Considering that it is already 17 Nov, I was surprised at the still chaotic situations in the complex entering from the loading bay. There appeared to be much that still needs to be done.


I was a bit more assured once I entered the complex for the building itself seemed to be almost ready with just minor repairs and cleaning being needed.


Workers in hard hats riding escalators to work.


Workers giving the finishing touches.


A conscientious worker down on all fours repairing the tiles.


This is the restaurant lane. Workers still carrying out minor adjustment. At certain part of the building where renovation was still being carried out, it was quite dusty and smelled of glue and thinner. The Jusco administrative staff can be seen making their rounds asking the contractors to work within the limit of their shops and to clear any accumulated rubbish.


Some individual shops are more ready than others. This jean shop is down to sorting and hanging up their merchandise.


Whereas others still seems a long way off.


My friend told me that looks can be deceiving. She said that one shop can be 30% completed one day and the next day when she returned, it is already 60% completed. I saw 10 workers working in one shop and if they are running 24 hours, I can see why she is confident that most businesses will be ready in time. Still, it is just a week away and there seems to be so much left undone.


The Green Box karaoke lounge. Now that it is so near my home, what excuses can I give that for not singing. Will being a terrible, terrible singer do? Not to friends, that won’t work. They love it when you are bad.


Look out for my friend’s shop – D’Trend which sells women accessories. If there is anything you want to buy, mention “Jimmy” sent you and you will get a 20% discount off regular pricing. Serious, no joke. If you have any problem with the salesgirl, insist they call their boss who is seldom at the outlet. This offer is exclusively for readers of Ghost Walk so hope you’ll keep this to yourself.


The complex is looking good. Finally, we have a complex we can be proud of.


As we made our back through the loading bay, we see more trucks disgorging their loads and busy workers in a hurry to complete their tasks before the big day. November 24 should be an exciting day for Klang residents. See ya there.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey a really really good preview, im very very excited indeed! just cant wait! there'll be kim gary in klang.. i cant believe it..many restaurants waiting for me.! haha..karaoke! wooohooo thats something new in klang apart from those not so classy karaoke places in klg..woohooo

iGhosts said...

Yea. Klang is coming on age. Good times are a-rolling. Show them the money and they'll roll out the carpet. Very soon there will be more places to spend than money to earn. Never mind, window shopping also shiok. Did I mention the air-cond is very very cold? Great place to chill out then.

Kimmy said...

Great preview. I can't wait for the opening day. What time would you think is best to pop in at the opening day? 6am? BTW, welcome tothe Klang Community eSpace (http://www.myklang.com). Have a nice day and Cheers.

iGhosts said...

Thanks Kimmy. All of us can't wait to tell our children about it :-). Not really sure about the time yet. Originally, heard that the shops will be open for business that night but then now I'm hearing different. Sources may not be very reliable as expected. Will update everyone once I got anything concrete. Thank you for setting up the Klang Community eSpace and glad to be a member. Have a nice day yourself too.

WenYi said...

wow^^ i AM soo excited!! green box!! btw, how come u didnt take any pictures of the cinema. I'm really anxious, was wondering whether it'll be gsc or tgv =)

iGhosts said...

It is TGV unfortunately. I was hoping that it'll GSC. And hoping against hope that we'll have international screen. Sorry, no luck there - will still have to drive to Mid-Valley. BTW next month, there is the EU Film Festival and one of the show - "November" comes highly recommended.

I did not take picture of TGV cos I could not find it! Later learned it is still boarded up and next to Green Box. Rumor said that it is only opening in December. Don't know how reliable is that.

Anonymous said...

hey there? but my friend's uncle working with gsc, he said gsc will be opening in aeon. i wonder..

iGhosts said...

Hi Candy,

Sorry to tell u that yr friend's uncle is wrong. This info I'm positive as I've many contacts in GSC . GSC was not given a chance bec of long business relationship bet TGV & Jusco.

See Klang Jusco & TGV for e.g.

~ JChan。찬준偉 ~ said...

Hi ighosts,

I wonder how the traffic at Bukit Tinggi?
Is it getting worst after setting up AEON at B.Tinggi?

I'm going there soon to buy my CNY clothes.