Friday, July 4, 2008

Taman Negara #9 - The Morning After.



I woke up with a start. What was that dream I was having, now receding faster than a speeding bullet? I shook myself awake, shaking the wobbly double-decker bed before tentatively climbing down attempting not to wake my sleeping companion still in dreamland with a smile on his face. I carefully pulled aside the creaking wooden door and stepped outside to catch a rush of fresh morning breath. At 6.30 am, I was probably the only one awake among the 22 walking the edge of the bank of the river absorbing in the morning scene. I liked that. Alone. Made me feel I understand and appreciate solitude; and closer to nature. The river was sleeping when I took this shot…


…and was awakened when I took the next when an early boat cut through the calm water creating spreading ripples.


I walked to one end of the river near the welcome gate and beyond to see sleeping building still basked by the orange street lamp. While a dense spread of white mist covered the forested hills. Some songbirds were already welcoming the dawn when suddenly a black and white bird flew to an upright pole just feet away from me. It was faster than my movement and flew away before I can train the camera on it. But it left me its song though I wished it has left me its image as well.


























Light was beginning to creep up the hill but the hills itself was just a dark outline that blocked the light to the valley below. I could just make out the water of the river that reflected back the lighter shade of the sky. A single boat sat lonely by the sandy bank.

























Time and again, the wind swept down heavy mist obscuring everything in its path and only nearby trees can be seen; while those in background were swallowed up. If you did not know they were there, you would not know they were and thought the cloud as descended on earth.


























I walked down to the beach covered with round stones smoothen by the rushing waters for decades, maybe centuries. These boats clustered together as if seeking company.


While these with identical blue tips always point to where they are heading, whether land or water


Blue tips in the water by pebbles.


Boats secured on a string going no where.



To be continued...


No comments: