Friday, February 1, 2008

Sunset Over Railway Bridge - III




These set of pictures was taken on a different days from the earlier set. It was the end of a bright sunny afternoon but there was still significant cloud covers. That day, the tide was low but the hot afternoon ends with a glorious orange that painted the entire scenes in gold. The atmosphere and mood was very different. It was a working day and I knocked off from work a little early to capture some shots as I promised a friend to send her some pictures of a Malaysian sunset from my hometown and I couldn’t chosen a better evening. The above picture showed the sun rays reflecting on the arch of the railway bridge.




This is the romantic view of the river opening out to the receiving sea. The subdued tone played on the mood and it was easy for one to lose his thoughts to the gentle scene. Nothing stirred. It was as if the scene was frozen in time.



But that was broken by a small boat breaking the calm surface chugging its way home.



The waves it created lapped the shore and a few minutes later, all was still again. As if no boat had just passed and that it was all in the imagination.



I turned my attention to the upstream and looked at the fishing village basked by the golden rays.



Further up the river was the restaurant that we used to frequent and from where you can have a good view of the railway bridge. The red wooden building on stilts looked most impressive at this time of the day.




The sun is just about to sink below the tree lines. The world took on a deepened tone and the approaching dusk is encroaching to claim it for the night. Birds are now dotting the sky flying back to their nest and insects calls started to increase both its frequency and intensity. I waited until it was almost completely dark before I walked on railway tracks to reach my car parked in an empty field. I always have melancholy thoughts viewing the sunset but it is of the enriching kind as I got in touch with my inner self. They are not depressive or mopping thoughts that sapped energy. I release any headache or heartache I may have to gently sink with setting suns.










The End.


No comments: