Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Port Klang Views #11 - A Man & His Boat In The Rain - Part I



As we waited out the rain under the small hut while fierce winds blew and the rain came down in sheets, I noticed a man taking his large boat out parked between the remaining pillars of the former concrete jetty.


This next series of pictures will show him handling the whole big boat or a small ship by himself using his hands or legs whichever more effective to take it for a wash in the rain.


Single-handedly he spun the ship round the swollen river by himself and brought it back again to rest in its original position.




He not only "washed" the ship but also washed himself in the process.


The driving rain, the fading light, the swollen river, the swaying trees at the bank all combined to make this series of pictures quite picturesque and romantic.


I was glad to be here at that precise moment to take the pictures.


It was a gift of the rain...




2 comments:

Hanxue said...

Wah, very nice photo set. Full of "feel" :)

iGhosts said...

Thanks Hanxue,

I was lucky that day. The scene was presented to me. All I have to do is to take it. :)