Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Walk Through The Town Of Lubeck - #11



By now we have made a complete round of Lubeck town. Though we did not go through every street, we have walked a few hours and seen a good representation of the town. I would not mind walking a few more hours but we have to get back to Hamburg. We walked across the bridge to come back to near where we first started our walk.


We went to one of this riverside alfresco café for a nice warm cup of coffee under a cloudy sky and cool summer breeze. I did not want to be anywhere else and laid back to soak in the atmosphere and remember this day.


Across from where we sat were a couple of student studying under the over a blanket thrown over a wooden bench under the sun. They must think they can study better that way. I do not know but I no of no other more pleasurable way to study. One is a Caucasian and the other an Asian, just like me and Hendrik.


Source: Wikipedia

After our tea break, Hendrik wanted to buy some marzipan and Lubeck is famous for its marzipan. I never thought much of marzipan as in my mind, they tasted like wax. At least, all the marzipans I have ever eaten tasted like that. Was I in for a big surprise, read more about it in - "My Marzipan Memory".


As we walked back to our car, I could not help taking a shot of these skimpy dressed mannequins in a strategic corner straddling two roads that met in front of the approach to the town. They seemed a bit out of place in relation to this historic heritage site or are they?


As I could not end the Lubeck walk with skimpy dressed mannequins, let us take another look at the Holstein featured at the beginning of this walk for nostalgic purpose.


At the slanting road level from where we stood, the tower seemed to be tilting heavily to one side much like the leaning tower of Pisa. In actual fact, it does lean slightly though not as acute as shown in the picture. We bid our farewell to our lovely walk in the wonderful city of Lubeck.


The End.


No comments: