Thursday, January 3, 2008

JJCM in KT #17 - The Wide Sandy Beach Of Kemasik.



Kemasik beach is the last beach we visited on our way back. It is named after the Kemasik river and is between Kijal in the north and Kerteh town in the south. There is a fishing village at the mouth of Kemasik river and looked so rustic and appealing in the distance. I would have loved to drive there to have a look but time is pressing so we gave it a miss. Another reason to return some day.


The beach is very wide and long with fine light brown sand and the water is crystal clear.



It would have been lovely to walk along it when the sun has gone down. The view is also not monotonous with island in the background. The beach itself is undulating landing contrast and character to it. It is one of my favorite beaches in the East Coast.


This rocky outcrop somewhere in the middle of the beach stopped the sea and created a band of sandy beach behind it. On both sides which are not protected by it, the sea encroaches further inland.


The rocks are higher than they appeared. Note the trees as a gauge of its height.


On the other end of the beach, are rocky hills with cactus like plants. Hills on both sides framing a valley reminded me of cowboy movie and I just know I’ll be ambushed if I ride into the valley.


Along this stretch, rocks protected the beach and broke the waves as they came rushing in. Because of these rocks, you can see how powerful these waves are.


These two boys were enjoying themselves in a more sheltered spot between several rock outcrops. They laughed happily as departing waves threatened to pull them away from the shore.


One of their brothers climbed on these high rocks threading carefully over the hard and sharp surface.


My heart raced as I saw him perched on the edge. One wrong step could very well be fatal. He could so easily hurt himself. But I told myself in my younger days, I had done exactly the same thing. But now I only saw the danger.


I was glad that he decided not to take any more chances and settled down to enjoy the breeze and view, king of the hill. That last image stayed with me as we made our way back to the car…

To be continued...


No comments: