Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Sultan Abdul Aziz Royal Gallery - Part I



After a heavy breakfast of nasi lemak from “China Coffee shop” plus Hainanese Chicken rice ball, need some exercise to burn it off before lunch. Decided to walk across the street to pay a visit to “The White House of Klang”. This is the “Sultan Suleiman Building” recently converted to the Sultan Abdul Aziz Royal Gallery.




It was built by an English architect, Arthur B. Hubback in 1909 and housed the British Administrative Centre but was turned into the Japanese Army Base during World War II. After the war, it had been occupied by the Klang District Office, the Royal Malaysian Police of Selangor and Klang Municipal Council. It was converted by Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah Alhaj to the Sultan Abdul Aziz Royal Gallery. Renovation work began in 2005 and completed in 2007. The gallery was originally housed in Syahbandaraya in Klang next to the Klang Police Headquarter.



This beautifully designed building offers many photo opportunities and I lost myself shooting it. There is beauty in every turns and every columns and I was awed by its stately yet calm nature. There were few visitors and I could wander through quiet corridors lost in time and my own thoughts. The white and light yellow color gave it a very soothing.


The building is best explored in silence and I will leave you to enjoy it alone. I strongly encouraged you to pay it a visit one day.





























































































To be continued...


1 comment:

Ijune said...

I am so impressed by the angle you took all these photos at Royal Gallery. I love the picture on the gigantic Lion Statue maneuver the whole main building! Simply unique even I couldnt figure out this technique! =) ~cheers~