Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunset Over Railway Bridge - I




Recently a friend asked me where is a good place to take sunset photographs in Port Klang. I told him of a place that I sometimes like (although not often as it is rather secluded and out of the way) to go for evening walk especially when I am feeling down. It is a place where I can clear my head, reminisce and reflect until I can discard all negatives thoughts with the sinking sun.





It was on a railway bridge connecting North Port through South Port to West Port mainly for the transportation of containers between North and West Ports. (Port Klang is the largest port in Malaysia and have these three ports servicing the central of West Malaysia which is the hub of commercial and industrial activities). Except for the trains and anglers fishing on the bridge during high tide, it is quite deserted


This allowed me to take leisurely walk along the railway track, take in the scenery and watched the birds and animals of the mangrove swamps and rivers. Sometimes I took my camera along and took some shots. I had posted some of this in MyKlang forum under “Sunset Over The Railway Bridge” and below are some of the pictures I had taken on two separate occasions, one on a cloudy evening and another on a sunny evening which gave different moods.











The bridge in the distance is the bridge connecting Pulau Indah (Beautiful Island) to the mainland. At the end of this island is West Port. That bridge is for road transport while this bridge where I took the picture from is for rail transport only.



The fishing on the other side of the bridge is kampung Sungai Keladi and further down is to the dying town of Perlama.



This is the mudskipper, so called because when it wanted to escape it will skip of the surface of the water. It can skip much faster than it can swim. It may looked ugly with the bulging eyes and oversize head but it is quite tasty.



The skeleton of an abandoned boat.



A monitor lizard swimming away.





1 comment:

Paul said...

Hi, this location is cool. is the rail way abandoned> i would like to have a shooting here. Can you guide me where is the exact location and how to get there. Appreciate your greta help.

Regards
CK